Principle of operation
Semiconductor Electronics are used in all modern electronics and are made using Silicon substrates. When high frequency radio signals are transmitted directly over silicon it produces a strong second harmonic frequency of that radio signal. Other materials such as some bi-metals or oxidised metals can respond with a third harmonic signal.
The EDD-24T transmits a focused directional signal on 2.4 GHz (ISM Band Type B). It receives on 4.8GHz (Second Harmonic) and 7.2GHz (Third Harmonic).
The highly sensitive receiver will respond to any signals produced on the 2nd Harmonic by even the smallest piece of Silicon such as that used in SIM Cards, Mobile Phones, Bugging Devices, Voice Recorders, Covert Video cameras etc. Importantly those devices do not have to be in use, in standby or even have any power connected to them to be detected.
The 3rd Harmonic receiver acts as a valuable confirmation for signals that may be ambiguous or are not a threat such as those in oxidised metals, bi-metals etc.
To allow even an inexperienced user to make a quick assessment of a detected signal the EDD-24T uses an intelligent algorithm to analyse the detected signals from both the 2nd and 3rd Harmonic Receivers and evaluate the probability of material being detected as ‘Silicon’ or ‘Metal’.
The EDD-24T Can provide audio confirmation of detected signals in two ways, through the internal loudspeaker or earphones.
TONE Mode can be used to provide an audible tone of a detected signal on the 2nd Harmonic only. This enables the user to search without looking at the display screen. The TONE changes in pitch according to the strength of the detected signal.
DEMOD Mode can be used to listen to an actual demodulated signal of the 2nd Harmonic Receiver. When no signals are detected a random audible ‘Click’ sound will be heard. In some cases when Silicon is detected the click level will reduce or become completely silent.
The EDD-24T is genuinely portable for handheld use and weighs just 750g. It is encased in a machined aluminium enclosure for ultimate durability with a tough plastic antenna cover. The internal Lithium Polymer battery pack gives up to 4.5 hours of use from one charge. The whole package is supplied in a compact military standard carry case for ultimate protection and portability.
The EDD-24T is designed, manufactured and tested in England to highest technical standards.
Supplied in package
- EDD-24T Handheld Electronic Device Detector – Weight 700g
- Charger – 110V to 240V AC input (Auto Switching) with International Adaptors Output 5V DC 2A
- Compact Military Standard Carry Case
- Handheld Non Linear Junction Detector (NLJD)
- Detects all types of electronics – whether active, passive or even switched off
- Easy to operate with an intuitive user friendly interface
- 2.4 GHz Transmit – 4 Watts
- 2nd Harmonic (4.8 GHz) and 3rd Harmonic (7.2 GHz) Receivers
- As powerful and sensitive as much larger so called ‘portable’ units
- Detected material Indicator ‘Silicon’ or ‘Metal’
- Will even detect the latest NANO SIM cards from up to 20cm.
- Audible Tone and Demodulation Function through speaker or earphones
- Battery life up to 4.5 hours
- Weight just 700g
- Machined Aluminium Enclosure with Moulded Plastic Antenna Cover
- Supplied in a Military Standard carry case